A well-equipped blood bank with sophisticated up-to-the-minute equipments, blood bags, kits, blood collection vans, ample doctors and phlebotomist won’t be of any help for the ailing patients if the blood in the shelved is not adequate.
Arrangement of blood donation camps with every possible campaign strategies applied will take a back seat without blood turnout.
Good quantity of blood is needed for safe blood transfusion as modern medicine is dependent on blood transfusion and the only source is non-remunerative voluntary blood donor. Voluntary blood donors are microscopic minorities even today. So we need a constant supply of donors. Recruitment and retention of blood donor plays a pivotal role in today’s transfusion medicine. On one hand Education, Motivation, Donation is the three pillars of recruitment and Donor Counseling and Donor care are the two important factors responsible for donor retention on the other. Through LUCY BLOOD we intend to bridge the gap and introduce new blood to the society and also retain the old lifesavers.
- LUCY Negative Club & LUCY club 25
- Seminar & Workshop on various blood related issue
- Regular interaction with blood users on rational use of blood
- Dialogue with blood bank officials to solve related problems
- Indoor & Outdoor campaign to promote blood donation
- Promotional materials distributed to encourage blood donors
- Convocation to felicitate blood donor and donor organizations
- Mega camp to combat the summer & festive season crisis
- 24 hours help line. Panel donors are ready to donate blood at any hour if there is a true emergency
- Online empanelment of donors. Database is maintained with utmost case and the panel of donors is kept confidential.
- Special awareness drive and campaign observing World Blood Donor Day, National voluntary blood donation day.
School education program on ‘Blood Science & Blood donor motivation’
College Education program on ‘Blood science, Donor Motivation & Recruitment’
Certificate course on Social Service through ‘Community outreach’ for students undergoing B.Ed curriculum